ODBC connector to SQL Azure provides high-performance and feature-rich connectivity solution for ODBC-based applications to access SQL Azure databases from Windows, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Full support for standard ODBC API functions and data types implemented in our driver makes interaction of your database applications with SQL Azure fast, easy and extremely handy.
- Direct Connection. Database applications based on our solution get an opportunity to establish connection to SQL Azure in Direct Mode. Direct Mode gives your applications an unrivalled advantage - connection to SQL Azure databases directly via TCP/IP avoiding SQL Azure client software. That improves performance of your applications, their quality, reliability and especially the deployment process, since there is no need to supply additional client software together with your application.
- Secure connection support via SSH protocol, SSL protocol and HTTP tunnel.
- Development Platforms Variety. ODBC driver for SQL Azure doesn't limit your choice of the development platform and environment. The driver installations are available for various operational systems and platforms. The current version supports Windows, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- ODBC Conformance. Our ODBC driver provides full support for common ODBC interface:
* ODBC Data Types support
* ODBC API Functions support\
- Compatibility with Microsoft Power BI Desktop and Microsoft Visual FoxPro. In addition, we provide support for Advanced Connection String parameters. Thus allowing any desktop and web applications to connect to SQL Azure from various environments and platforms, that support ODBC.